Thursday, May 31, 2012

14 months- new adventures with food!

I have been looking back at old posts on here from when I was pregnant. It makes me wish I was pregnant again (but no I'm not pregnant and that is OK). Just saying that when I become pregnant again, down the road, I wouldn't take it for granted. The quiet, long lazy afternoons of doing nothing except hanging out with my husband...being able to eat ANYTHING. (With the possibility of throwing it up of course) Most of all I wish I would have savored it... I feel like the whole time I was pregnant I was anticipating the actual birth.
Anyways...I just cannot believe that it has been 14 months since I welcomed the most precious gift into the world.  Maxwell Cooper Dixon 8 lbs 1 oz, perfect in every way!

Max updates:

- Can say: ball, boo (buhh), dada, juice, aw, baby, bye bye, tree, naanaa(banana)and we are workin on mama ;)
- LOVES books, any and all!
- sleeping through the night still (praise the Lord!)
- tried peanut butter this month and LOVED it! (and isn't allergic)
- and he loves strawberries, raspberries, WATERMELON, and bananas
- AND THE BIGGEST NEWS: MAX IS OFFICIALLY A WALKER! YAY!


The past month or so I have been trying to start feeding Max healthy, whole food lunches and snacks during the day. It is so easy to just warm up some easy mac and give that to him but I know it isn't giving him the nutrients he needs. SO I have become VERY good friends with a couple bloggers that I figured I would share here:

bleubirdvintage - "birdie" food aka some CUTE stuff!
whole foods. easy peasy! Really easy things to pack for lunches/snacks that won't break the bank.

One thing that I have learned is that once we introduced Peanut Butter into Max's diet it opened SO many doors, so many different ways to get protein into his system without having to always feed him chicken! :)

I have become slightly obsessed with his daily eating regimen but I don't think that it is getting out of hand...yet ;) There are so many blogs out there that help you find the perfect recipes and ideas for anything it is awesome!

Until next time!

xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment